Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It’s okay to have a Funky day :(

Matthew 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

In Matthew 26:39 – 43 (shows that) even Jesus had a funky night.

Most days I am a very positive person. Each day I am aware and very careful what I speak. I am so careful that I started a challenge with my girls. Whoever speaks negatively has to give 15 sit ups, jumping jacks and 4 sets of around the corner. So far I must say I am starting to look trim. They catch me every time! Sometimes being positive all the time can be a heavy burden. We need to be able let loose once in a while.

I remember once at work a coworker really ticked me off. I went to my director and vented. After I finished, I apologized to her for not being professional. The director laughed so hard. She was happy to see that I was human and that I wasn’t some Stepford woman.

A few years ago, God gave me a scripture and a vision. Since then I've had confirmation after confirmation that it will come to manifest. Little by little this vision is coming to pass. Each morning I get up hoping that God will speed things up and this will be the day that I see that vision manifested BIG TIME! As the day goes on, I don’t see it. Again I get up the next morning and say "Ok Lord. Today is that day." After a while, not seeing what God has put in my heart starts making me a little funky. Why does it seem as though when you’re waiting for God to move in your life that He moves in everybody else’s life but yours? :) Is he testing me to see if I will be happy for that person? I’m not going to lie, sometimes I’m not! Sometimes I’m like a child and want mine now and don’t want to understand that maybe it was that person’s time, and it’s not mine's yet.

This morning I had my tantrum… I text my mom hoping she would call me back, and she did. All it took was her to ask me how I was doing to set me off. I thank God for my mom. Even through my text she knew I needed to vent. If my girls had been around and heard me, I would have been giving at least 100 sit ups. After my tantrum, I started to count my blessings and the funk began to lift. I am once again not just waiting, but expecting my vision to manifest any day now. Each morning I will continue to wake up with an expectation. This morning showed me just because I was having a day it didn’t mean I doubted. There’s a difference. I didn’t doubt the vision God gave me, there’s a knowing in my SPIRIT that vision will come to pass. It’s just like a child waiting for Christmas morning to come. Some days that child is going to go to his or her parent and ask if they could open their gifts right now. That was me today "Lord can I have it today? Why can’t I have it today? I’m so ready to receive it today!"

I’ll probably have another tantrum, but what child doesn’t have tantrums with their parents? :) It’s like my Godmommy told me "It takes more time to build a Mercedes than it does a Toyota," and what God has put in my heart is a Mercedes vision….. ILuvMeSumU

© Copyright 2010 – All Rights Reserved

1 comments:

Cessory said...

You did an awesome job on this Alaisha. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Free Hit Counter